Friday, March 21, 2008

Welcome Spring...

Err or not... It's such a wonderful thing to wake up to the second day of Spring to find out that you'll be recieving a foot or more of snow. What a shame, especially since it was almost 50 yesterday. I wish that this snow would just be over with, I'm getting tired of it...

But anyway, I've decided that Friday has become a night of Italian food. J is all excited because he's getting lasagna tonight (which I will post pics etc later). But last week Friday was definitely the feast of the month. It was a friend of ours birthday and he decided that we should go to dinner at Joey Buono's in downtown Milwaukee. Oh my goodness, was the food amazing and huge. We did the "Pizza Party" for a group of people, meaning 2 appetizers, 2 salads, 2 pizzas and 2 desserts. It doesnt sound like a ton, especially when there are 7 guys and me there, but we ended up taking a lot home. The appetizers were all right, fried ravoli and mozzeralla (I'm not super keen on fried foods) and the salads were amazing. Despite the fact that someone decided that we needed to get four plates of Ceasar salad, instead of exploring, they were very good, and I'm not a fan of Ceaser.
Pizza was typical toppings, but we got a deep dish and a thin crust.... Photobucket
This was oh so good, amazing sauce and a really flaky butter crust.

Dessert was really good too. Tiramisu (my favorite) was literally a loaf to be shared...
Photobucket

Seriously, if you are in Milwaukee and looking for a good Italian place, Joey Buono's is the way to go. They do more than just pizza, they have pasta etc. too, and everything is served family style so you get what you pay for...

(photos courtesy of the joeybuonos.com)

No comments: