Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Fever


DSC00340
Originally uploaded by scarlettvr

I don't know if it's the up and downs of the weather or what... But it seems as if people are just becoming meaner and inconsiderate. I know that I'm not too overly sensitive to it, it's one of those things that has to just roll off your back. Besides... The more people talk bad about you, the more pathetic and jealous they look, and hey, (as my friend Lauren says) it makes you famous. Ok, not really, but it's a good way to think. I just think people are sick of the crappy weather and are taking out on everyone else.

But food related... I made Shepard's Pie. It was yummy. And I had to listen to J constantly repeat "I've got shepard's pie in my knickers" for days before and after.

It was good, I just made a couple substitutions though. I don't eat red meat, so it was made with ground turkey breast, and I added some onion, carrots, celery, corn and mushrooms to it. It was topped with mashed garlic Yukon Gold potatoes. This was the first time I used Yukons and they were mighty delicious, so much so, I just bought a five pound bag of them.

No comments: