Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Egg "Cupcakes"


Egg "Cupcake"
Originally uploaded by scarlettvr

So school has officially started, and it's a little bittersweet because I had my last "first" day as an undergrad. It's only taken me SIX years to get to this point. Oh well, I guess that's what I get for working full time and going to school. I'm excited about this year though, I actually have some interesting classes, well interesting to me at least. Most people I know think that I am weird for making History my major.

But on an unrelated note...
I came up with these "cupcakes" on Sunday when J was hungry but all I had was little bit of everything, not enough of anything to make a full meal out of it. So I used the last of my eggs and stuff to make these cupcakes. J LOVED them and requested that I make these again.

I used 4 eggs, a slice of bread, some leftover turkey lunchmeat and some shredded cheddar. Put the bread and turkey on the bottom, added scrambled eggs ( pour slowly because it takes a minute for the egg to settle in all the nooks and crannies) and topped it with cheese. Baked them at 350 for 18 minutes and they were done. This made about 4 because I way overfilled one and lost quite a bit of egg.

One thing I learned though is that I won't use paper liners again, they stick to the "cake" WAY too much for my liking. It was like losing half the cake and the meat and bread stuck really badly to them. So I'll just grease the pan well and do it that way. The bread will probably get crispier that way and that would make it even tastier.

1 comment:

Ali said...

yum that looks really good....something kind of fun to bring to a brunch!